North and south venues to offer eco know-how for churches
It’s a one-stop shop for churches concerned about the environment. The UK’s first ever Eco Church Conference takes place next month (October).
High-level know-how for grassroots application will be offered in two centres north and south of the country. Hosts are Christian conservation charity A Rocha UK with the Church of England’s environmental campaign Shrinking The Footprint.
The southern conference takes place on 7 October at St James’s Church, Piccadilly, London. The northern conference will be on 21 October at St Andrew’s Psalter Lane Church, Sheffield. Churches will learn about protecting nature as part of their mission, from the following experts:
– Dr Robyn Pender of Historic England’s Building Conservation and Research Team;
– Dr Ruth Valerio, Tearfund Global Advocacy and Influencing Director and former member of A Rocha UK’s leadership team;
– Andy Atkins, A Rocha UK CEO;
– Bishop of Kingston Rt Rev Richard Cheetham from the Church of England’s Environment Working Group;
– Andy Lester, A Rocha UK Conservation Director;
– Rev Dave Bookless, A Rocha International Director of Theology.
They will present seminars and surgeries – and answer questions from delegates. Stories will be shared of churches working towards the Eco Church Award.
Eco Church is A Rocha UK’s award scheme for churches in England and Wales to become ‘good news for God’s earth’. Almost 700 churches have registered for the free online survey and supporting resources.
“Our vision is for churches to care for creation as an integral part of loving their neighbours and following God,” said A Rocha UK Engagement Director Rich Bee. “This conference will help them make a start. How can you and your church bring worship truly ‘down to earth’? Join us to find out!”
Conference admission is free. Book online at:
Get more inspiring reading
We are continuing to produce seasonal 'mini magazines' and make them available for you to use offering encouraging, engaging content – still stories, still jargon-free, still designed to be given away, still free. Our latest, an 8-page issue for Easter 2019, is available now – order HERE from CPO.