Thousands expected for Heaton Festival in Newcastle
Local churches in Heaton, Newcastle, are hoping to build on the success of their 2015 festival when 10,000 attended, with this year's event on Saturday 24 June ...
Following the incredible success of Heaton Festival 2015, the community festival in the park is back for a fourth time.
The Heaton Festival was established to celebrate the area, and the best of what it has to offer, bringing together residents, businesses, and groups from all over Heaton.
It does this via;
- stalls for local businesses to sell/promote their wares and/or provide information
- a village green where entertainment is provided by local community groups
- a main stage where local talent is given a showcase; a craft tent with activities for all ages
- games and activities for children and youth and their families such as bouncy castles and old-fashioned games
- opportunities for those who want to learn a little more about the churches of Heaton and their involvement in community life
- a central and large tea and cake tent; and food and drink concessions offering a mix of local street vendors and retailers across the festival site
This year we have more of everything than ever before; more stages, more stalls, more food and more fun.
The festival began in response to the churches of Heaton wanting to bring together the community of Heaton in order to celebrate it and show what there is on offer. Whether people live, work, or attend school or church in Heaton, the local churches want everyone to appreciate what a great place it is.
With that in mind the festival tries to include every aspect of life in Heaton during the day of the festival and in so doing encourage groups and individuals, help them to be more successful and the community to grow together as a whole.
Heaton Festival is very much for the community by the community, with over 100 volunteers organising and running the event, everyone involved either lives, works and/or worships in Heaton.
Festival Co-ordinator Mark Ridyard said: “Its fantastic that Heaton Festival is back for a fourth time in 2017 and we're planning for even bigger and better this time. There will be something for everyone to enjoy no matter what their interest. As well as lots of entertainment we're also trying to show people all the brilliant things going on in Heaton, so that they might get involved and build our community together.”
Heaton Park, Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6
Saturday 24 June 2017 12:00 – 19:00
FREE ENTRY – some activities have a small charge
Heaton Festival is supported by Newcastle City Council, URC Northern Synod, The Jerusalem Trust, The Community Foundation supporting Tyne and Wear and Northumberland, Prudhoe Street Mission, City Youth Music, Methodist Circuit, Methodist District.
Get more inspiring reading
Our print magazine for INSPIRE is currently on hold while we explore new funding options for a relaunch later this year. If you'd like to be kept up to date with developments, ready to order the new title once it's available, email firstname.lastname@example.org