Pray for the media on 8 May
The Church and Media Network are encouraging Christians across the UK to pray for the media on Sunday 8 May ...
More than 90% of Christians working in and with the media said that having more prayer support would make a significant difference to their work. So why not join in a special Day of Prayer for the Media on 8 May …
Organised by the Church and Media Network, which supports Christians working in the media, and looks to help the Church engage more effectively with local and national media, the day of prayer is a great way of encouraging Christians in local churches to pray creatively for the media's influence to be used wisely.
Here are the three groups the day's prayers will focus on:
- Christian and non-Christian Media professionals (eg print and radio journalists, film and tv producers, editors and writers, advertising and communications specialists )
- Churches supporting and interacting with the media
- Christian organisations supporting those who work in and with the media
As Christians, we want to affirm the media’s vital role in our society to give a voice to the voiceless, call for justice, keep people informed, challenge our opinions and entertain us using positive values.
On Sunday 8 May, churches and Christians across the UK will be joining together in prayer for:
- Increased opportunities to celebrate love, hope, truth, beauty, peace, equality and justice in the media, and for lives to be changed
- Enhanced respect and mutual understanding between Christian and non-Christian media professionals
- More effective discipleship of young Christians who are looking to build a career in, or will be working with, the media
The overall theme and focus will be for an increased reflection of the redemptive story of Christ in the media.
There are three very simple ways that the Inspire readers can be part of the Day of Prayer for the Media:
- Help us spread the word on social media. In particular, you can sign up, and encourage your readers to sign up for the Day of Prayer's special social media thunderclap - which automatically sends a message to our followers on 8 May announcing that we are praying for the media
- Post your prayers on our prayer wall
- Join the Pray4Media group on the Instapray app which will allow those working in and with the media to send their prayer requests and pray for others all year round.
Find out more at www.pray4media.co.uk.
Get more inspiring reading
Our print magazine for INSPIRE is currently on hold while we explore new funding options for a relaunch later this year. If you'd like to be kept up to date with developments, ready to order the new title once it's available, email email@example.com