Peterborough: conference to urge churches to house homeless
A conference run by Christian charity Hope Into Action, set for March 13, will look at many aspects of why and how churches should be housing homeless people ...
A conference run by Christian charity (and 2012 Inspire Awards winner) Hope Into Action, set for March 13, will look at many aspects of why and how churches should be housing homeless people.
A day of informative talks, interactive seminars and inspirational testimonies is set for March 13 at Peterborough, organised by Hope Into Action, who have a growing number of houses linked with local churches in Norwich to house and support vulnerable people.
The conference plans to be a day full of informative talks, interactive seminars and inspirational testimonies.
Seminar speakers will include:
- David Morton – Current mentor and HIA volunteer shares some experiences
- Linda Huskisson – Author of Cheating Death, Linda will be talking about her past as a vulnerable adult and how she turned her life around
- David Whitlock – Church leader and first HIA partner, talking about what impact it has had on the church
- Yvonne Emery – Award winning property coach
- Rob McQue – Tenant who will share about how his HIA experience helped him kick his 20-year drug habit
There will also be a part of the conference dedicated to giving awards to tenants and hearing about their lives.
This conference is open to all current partner churches and volunteers, any interested parties or those wanting to explore the HIA set up further.
It takes place at at Bretton Baptist Church, Copeland, Peterborough from 9.30am-3.30pm.
Norwich co-ordinator Kate Doran-Smith said, “I would consider it a joy to hear from anyone interested in attending our first National Conference next month in Peterborough, whether you are representing churches, agencies, ministries, service users or just yourself – please contact me for more information and a chat!”
Kate can be contacted on 01603 927271 or email@example.com
For further details and prices go to www.hopeintoaction.org.uk