Oct 07 Inside this month
What's inside our October issue
Inside our October issue
* Women like you! Our inspiring readers share their stories
* Yes, you can be both ethical and fashionable. Where to shop for clothes that say you care
* It makes sense to let God be our life director. But we have to make the time to listen to him!
* “I had to leave my husband”. The devastating effects of gambling and where to find help
* Don’t let others define you. The way to banish poor self esteem is to discover your freedom in Christ
* The myths of Mrs Noah. Elaine Storkey sorts the truth from the fables
* A parent’s dilemma: What to do if your child is bullied at school – or accused of bullying another pupil
* Wendy Craig talks about first night nerves, Ria and finding her way back to God
* It’s more than just a job. The clinical administrator who is changing the atmosphere as well as the work patterns in her local surgery.
* Any dream won’t do! Debbie Meroff dreams of changes to improve the lives of women everywhere
* “ It’s a vibrant and exciting place to be”, the hallenges facing Christian women living in Beirut
* Are you at risk of high blood pressure? Take action now with our simple self-help strategy
* I don’t miss my old typewriter!” Veronica Zundel reflects on changes over the last 25 years
* Truly scrumptious! Make our celebration chocolate gateaux
* It’s good to forget, says Andrew Graystone, who urges us to look to the future.
* Write on. Your views on grandparenting, abortion and the articles that have inspired you!
* Bookclub Your views on Beth Moore’s Get Out of That Pit!
* Organiser What to read, what to buy and what you can win this month!
For you to win
* A 2-night break for two at Lee Abbey in Devon
* A week’s holiday for two in Jersey (Subscribers only)
* Copies of Longing For More, by Ruth Haley Barton
* Copies of Facing Your Giants, by Max Lucado – our next book choice
* A weekend at Waverley Abbey for their Spring event for women
* A goatskin bag
* A silverfish pendant
* Copies of Mariah Mundi by GP Taylor
Coming next month in our November issue
* In dark places – changing lives inside women’s prisons here in the UK
* To your community – one woman’s vision to stage a passion play in her town
* Amid difficulties – the wives who supported their husbands through periods of unemployment
* For the future – start planning now for a happy and healthy retirement!
* Claim your free copy of Eddie Askew’s memoirs Edge of Daylight
* Win some luxury towels for your bathroom
Get more inspiring reading
You can order our printed INSPIRE magazine in bundles of 10 for your church. Get encouraged by stories of God at work in the UK and around the world – and it's great for giving away to those on the edge of church, too! Order FREE* for your church (*we welcome an annual donation towards our costs).